Six months ago was my 27th birthday. Along with It I made a list of goals, here. Well I’m six months in to my 27th year, and I thought it was time for a check in… See how these goals are coming. Yikes!
1) Hit under a 2 hour half marathon time. – I just started running again after a bit of a hiatus. I’m planning on running a half in October, so I’ve still got time to really start training.
2) Go sailing for the first time. – I still haven’t scheduled this. I was waiting for summer, it’s close enough, so I best get on it.
3) Pay off another one of my dreaded student loans. – I changed my mind and decided to pay off a credit card instead, and it’s going quite nicely. Hurray for being responsible financially…. until I find a really good pair of shoes anyway. 😉
4)Host a 1920’s murder mystery dinner. – Planning this for my birthday party in November!
5) Start posting on my blog once a week. – As of January I have been doing this quite nicely. I like blogging on a schedule. It’s a relaxing way to spend my evenings.
6) Visit another country. Sadly other than Canada, I don’t have any great adventures to other lands planned. Canada counts right?
7) Buy my first pair of Christian Louboutin heels. – Still planning on this as my 28th birthday gift to myself.
8) Become a certified Zumba instructor. – I’m so excited, as i’m registered for training in July! Hurray!
9) Get my first aid/CPR certification. I haven’t scheduled this yet, but i’m planning it for either june or july.
10) Construct a wedding dress. – I’ve got it designed, and some of the fabric and trims purchased, now comes the tricky part of making it.
11) Go paddle boarding. – I’m still waiting for it to warm up a bit in Seattle. Brrrr. Maybe August?
12) Take a ballet class series. – I putting this goal on hold. I’m taking arial silks pretty regularly, and really only have time for one type of regularly scheduled class.
14) Attend my family reunion in Chicago next summer. The date is set, and i’m buying tickets this week. Cannot wait!!
15) Have my brown heels fixed. – I keep forgetting about this one. Must take shoes to cobbler!
16) Do a photo shoot of the bridal gown I make. – Just gotta complete #10 first!
17) Get to a certain financial goal in my savings account. – Going along quite nicely. I’m sticking to a schedule and making good strides.
18) Complete 10 new pinterest inspired recipes or diy projects. – Going along well. I’ve done 4 of 10. Or I should say, 4 have turned out well. I’ve had a few doozies.
19) Learn to bake French Macarons. I took a class and have had one disastrous batch since. Hopefully my next batch turns out a bit better.
20) Get my second tattoo. I’ve altered it’s location a bit, now I just need to schedule the appointment.
21) Dye my hair a new color. I went white blonde and loved it!!!
22) Set up some sort of Roth IRA or 401K. – Ummmmm I forgot about this one, and I don’t even know where to start. Must research!
23) Refinish one piece of furniture. – So many ideas…. so little time.
24) Take a ariel silk class. – Took a class, became obsessed. I’m developing arm muscles… I didn’t know that was possible on me.
25) Take the BUSMAT. – Must study more. I’ve lost a lot of my math skills in the past few years!!
26) Go to at least two concerts. – I tried to get watershed tickets this year. I’m not going to lie, I almost cried when they sold out in 10 minutes. Now I’m not sure what shows i’ll go to.
27) Start taking more pictures of my various projects to put up on the blog! – I’ve been doing better at this, but still have room for improvement.
Clearly I’ve got a lot of work to do. Six months down, six to go. I better get my booty in gear.